To sign up for a payment plan please refer to
the online payment plan invitation you received from FACTS. This invitation
will have instructions for you to enroll in a payment plan.
contact FACTS 866-441-4637 or Holy Trinity Catholic Academy at 718-746-1479 if you have any
2020-2021 FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION
FOR BROOKLYN AND QUEENS CATHOLIC
ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS AND ACADEMIES,
GRADES K – 8
esta información en español, por favor haga clic al enlace que se encuentra
arriba de la página a la derecha.
Step 1: Register your child(ren) in a Catholic Elementary school/academy in Brooklyn or Queens; students who are not yet registered cannot be considered for tuition assistance.
Step 2: Fill out the online application and submit with required supporting documentation (applicants will be notified of what is required in order to complete the application).
- There is a non-refundable $35 application processing fee payable by credit card. Only one application per family is required.
- Teddy J. Forstmann Award Recipients Only: If your child received an award last academic year through the Teddy J. Forstmann program administered by Children’s Scholarship Fund, you will receive communications directly from Children’s Scholarship Fund with application requirements and instructions. You must reapply with the Teddy J. Forstmann You will not need to apply with Futures in Education. Only 1 application is permitted per student. If you have a new sibling of an awarded Teddy Forstmann recipient, you may add them to your Children’s Scholarship Fund application. Applications for Children’s Scholarship Fund open in February 2020. Information will be sent directly to families.
Futures in Education is proud to administer several financial aid scholarship programs, providing partial tuition assistance for families demonstrating financial need, and who meet eligibility requirements, to attend a Catholic academy or school in Brooklyn or Queens. We are also a proud partner with Children’s Scholarship Fund, which administers the Teddy J. Forstmann and Bishop’s Scholarship programs.
- New and returning families should complete ONLY ONE APPLICATION*.
- A determination of financial aid eligibility will be made and families will be notified via email.
- Families do not apply for a specific program; Futures makes the determination.
- Only one award per student will be granted.
*Teddy J. Forstmann Award Recipients Only: If your child received an award last academic year through the Teddy J. Forstmann program administered by Children’s Scholarship Fund, you will receive communications directly from Children’s Scholarship Fund with application requirements and instructions. You must reapply with the Teddy J. Forstmann program.
All other applicants, please proceed with the FACTS application (continue reading for instructions).
Who can apply for tuition assistance?
- Families who have child(ren) registered in a Catholic elementary academy or school in Brooklyn or Queens (Grades K-8), and can demonstrate financial need, may apply.
- Only completed applications, with all required supporting documentation submitted, will be considered.
- A new application must be completed every year to be considered for assistance, regardless of whether or not the family has been awarded in the past.
- If you are not sure whether or not your application is complete, please contact FACTS at 866.441.4637.
Who is eligible?
- Scholarship awards are assessed on a needs-basis, considering household size and total annual income using the guidelines of the National School Lunch Program
- Families are required to pay a minimum of 25% of the tuition rate and must be up-to-date with their tuition.
- Income will be verified to determine eligibility and the family’s ability to contribute toward the tuition.
2020-2021 Income Eligibility Scale
Maximum Income is Based on
Total 2019 Annual Household Income
Total 2019 Maximum Income
How are scholarships awarded?
Partial tuition scholarships are available, up to $3,200 per student, not to exceed 75% of tuition.
Scholarships will be awarded to eligible students based on:
- Program eligibility
- Income level
- Household size
- Timing of when application is completed (with all required documents submitted)
- Notifications will be sent to families, via email, on a rolling basis approximately six weeks after completion of the application.
- Eligible applicants will be awarded until funding is exhausted.
Please Note: Although every effort is made to grant tuition assistance to all those eligible for our programs, we can only grant awards as funding permits. If we are unable to award you, please reach out to the academy or school where your child is registered regarding other options that may be available.
When is the deadline?
Applications will only be considered completed when all required supporting documents have been submitted.
- March 31, 2020– Returning Families who received an award in the previous academic year.
- April 30, 2020– New families (students who did not receive an award in previous academic year).
Please Note: After the April 30, 2020 deadline, families will still be permitted to apply for financial aid but priority will first be given to families who applied before the April 30th deadline. If funding is exhausted, applicants are encouraged to reach out to the academy or school where their child is registered regarding other options that may be available.
- For more information about Futures in Education or our scholarship programs, please visit futuresineducation.org
- To learn more about our partner organization, Children’s Scholarship Fund, please visit http://nyc.scholarshipfund.org/
- All information and documentation provided on this form is kept strictly confidential.
PARENT/GUARDIAN: By continuing below, it indicates that you have read and understand that the information provided on this application is true, accurate and complete, and legal proof of income has been provided. You understand that all information on this application will be verified. Any incomplete, missing, false and/or fraudulent information or documentation on this application, missing signatures, refusal to provide adequate/legal proof of income and/or any pertinent information required to process or determine a decision on this application will be cause for automatic denial of a tuition award. You promise to cooperate with requests from Futures in Education and Children’s Scholarship Fund to obtain additional student information, including, but not limited to: a current photo, essays from the child(ren) and correspondence to funders of the scholarship programs.